Terms and Conditions
Except where indicated otherwise all copyright and other rights that subsist in the home page and in the sub-domain pages of the site http://impact-study.co.uk are owned by The Institute of Cancer Research of 123 Old Brompton Rd London SW7 3RP, (a charity, not for profit, company limited by guarantee and registered in England No. 534147.)
All use of the Site is subject to the following terms and conditions of use:
1. You may use all material from the Site for your own personal, non-commercial purposes as a personal information resource in good faith. Reliable study information and the latest copies of the study documentation are contained within the restricted section of this website and can be used by IMPACT-study collaborators for the sole purpose of participating in IMPACT. Any other type of use requires the prior written agreement of The Institute.
2. The Site is intended to be accessed by users in the UK and international users. Non-UK users must appreciate that, although effort has been made to tailor information to meet the needs of an international community, the information contained on this Site may not be relevant to them and that their access to the Site might be restricted by local laws.
3. You will not use the Site:
• for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material, the publication, dissemination, use or possession of which infringes the rights of any person or which is unlawful in any other respect
• for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation or commercial exploitation
• for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment
• in any way which is abusive, defamatory or obscene or which will harass, distress or inconvenience any person or which might restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Site by any person;
• to create a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes material downloaded or otherwise obtained from the Site;
• to transmit or re-circulate any material obtained from the Site to any third party;
• in such a way so as to remove the copyright or trade mark notice(s) from any copies of any material made in accordance with these terms; or
• in any way that might bring The Institute into disrepute.
4. The information provided on or in the Site is intended for recreational, information, non-commercial purposes only. Whilst every effort has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information provided by The Institute, its employees and agents in these pages, the contents of the Site are naturally subject to change from time to time. On those pages of the Site which are publicly accessible, and which contain medical or legal information, The Institute cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of that information. If downloading study documents from the restricted section of the website the individual should check with the data centre that these are the most up-to-date. The Site should only be used to support, not replace, the advice of your own doctor, solicitor or other advisor.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CHECKING THE ACCURACY OF RELEVANT FACTS AND OPINIONS GIVEN ON THE SITE BEFORE ENTERING INTO ANY COMMITMENT BASED UPON THEM.
5. The Institute cannot guarantee that your use of the Site will be free from error and/or uninterrupted. The Institute, its directors, its trustees, its employees and its representatives exclude, in so far as it is legally possible, all liability and responsibility for any damages (other than liability for death or physical injury arising out of the negligence of The Institute or its officers) including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential damages, damages for loss of opportunity or chance, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of, or in connection with, any information on the Site or any other Internet sites or the use thereof.
6. Where information (including sensitive personal information) is provided to The Institute directly through the Site or by email you accept that these methods of communication cannot be 100% secure. However, The Institute cannot accept any responsibility or liability for any damages (other than liability for death or physical injury arising out of the negligence of The Institute or its officers) arising from the misuse or loss of data or information submitted by you to The Institute directly through the Site or by email.
7. Some of the pages on the Site include links to external websites. These links are included to give you the opportunity to access other pages that it is felt may be of interest or assistance to you. The Institute is not responsible for the content of these Internet sites.
8. Whilst effort has been taken to ensure that the Site is free from viruses, The Institute gives no warranties it will always be free from viruses and you are responsible for ensuring that you have installed adequate and up-to-date virus-checking software. The Institute excludes, in so far as it is legally possible, all liability and responsibility (other than liability for death or physical injury arising out of the negligence of The Institute or its officers) for any viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or other material transmitted with or as part of the Site.
9. The names, images and logos identifying The Institute or third parties and their products and services, are the proprietary marks of The Institute, and/or may be the proprietary marks of third parties. Any use made of these marks may be an infringement of rights in those marks and The Institute reserves all rights to enforce such rights that it might have.
10. These terms may be varied from time to time. Please ensure that you review these terms and conditions regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use the Site after any variation has been posted.
11. If any of these terms and conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from the terms and conditions and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
12. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising from matters relating to the Site shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Web Privacy Statement
At The Institute of Cancer Research we are committed to protecting your privacy. This statement is made in light of the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 in order to alert valued contacts to The Institute’s data processing practices which will govern the processing of your data. If you have any queries about this statement contact the Information Manager at the Secretariat, The Institute of Cancer Research, 123 Old Brompton Road, London SW7 3RP.
How do we collect information?
We will obtain personal information from you when you enquire about our activities, register with us, send or receive an email or otherwise provide us with personal information. We may also receive information about you from third parties, for example a friend or a researcher who wants to tell you about the website.
What information do we collect?
The types of information collected might include names, date of birth, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number and fax number.
For those users logging in to the restricted section of the website, we will also collect the following information: Job Title; Clinic/Institute; job/role description; areas of expertise; academic affiliation; research areas etc.
How do we use this information?
We will use your personal information to provide you with the services, products or information you have requested and for administration. We may need to share your information with our service providers and associated organisations for these purposes.
If you wish to register for access to the restricted section of our website, we will use the information gathered during the registration process to assess you application.
Will we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
As indicated above, we may pass your information to our services providers and associated organisations. We do not, sell trade or rent your personal information to any other organisations for fundraising purposes.
We may need to disclose your information if required to do so by law.
Do we use ‘Cookies’?
A 'cookie' is a piece of information which is sent to your computer and stored on your hard drive to allow the sender to recognise you when you next visit the site. The Institute of Cancer Research uses session cookies on the IMPACT-study website. This means that the sender can remember the credentials of users when they next visit the site unless they log-off or erase their cookies. We do not use third party cookies on any of our sites.
By providing us with your personal data you consent to the collection and use of any information you provide in accordance with the above purposes and this privacy statement.
You also consent to our transferring your information to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as the UK, if necessary for the above purposes. If we do make such a transfer, we will take appropriate measure to protect your information.
Right of access
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee) and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected.
If you have any queries about making a request for information contact the Information Manager at the address above.
We reserve the right to amend this privacy statement. If we do so, we will post notice of the change on our website and you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
Please follow this link to view the Institute of Cancer Research’s Freedom of Information policy.