The IMPACT study is currently recruiting participants and has recruited over 3000 men. Please take a look at our local contact information section to find out which centres around the world are taking part in the IMPACT study. If you have further questions please contact the IMPACT-study coordinator directly to discuss their eligibility for the study.
Men are eligible for this study if they have:
- been tested, and found to have, a BRCA1 or BRCA2 gene alteration (recruitment now complete).
- been tested, and found not to have a BRCA1 or BRCA2 gene alteration which is known to run in the family.
- been tested, and found to have, a MLH1, MSH2 or MSH6 gene alteration (also known as Lynch Syndrome).
Participants in the study must also:
- be aged between 40 and 69 years of age;
- be of sufficiently good health to be able to participate in the study.
Men are unable to participate in this study if they have had:
- a previous cancer which may affect their ability to participate (this can be discussed with your local team);
Men who have had a prostate biopsy for a raised PSA level should contact the IMPACT-study coordinator directly to discuss their eligibility for the study.